Friday, December 26, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
- Worked out at the gym; Core Conditioning.
- Jake gets his eye poked, off to urgent care he goes. He came home looking like a pirate and miserable.
- Couples Group Christmas get together w/ all the kids...Fun!
- Drop Jake at school, and explain to his teacher what happened, and that he didn't want to miss the classroom Christmas party, but that he was pretty miserable.
- Dropped Sydney at School
- Dave Dr. Appt
- Return at Kohls
- Dropped Dave at the gym so he can get a quick workout in before he is down for the count for a few days.
- Embarassing attempt to purchase my MIL a Christmas gift, and realized I'd been driving around all day with no wallet in my purse...ggrrrr. (After my purchase was boxed, bagged and ready to go)
- Picked up Sydney from School.
- Picked Dave back up and dropped him at the hospital for his repeat surgery...this time it should work, right!
- Came home, and got the girls down for their nap. I cleaned.
- Picked up Jake early from school to take him to the Dr. to have his eye looked by his primary Dr. (Sydney & Regan are along of course)
- Jake's right eye now has TWO visible scratches (after dye and black-light) During this process Sydney has to go potty, really really bad. Dr. waits w/ Jake and Regan while I bring her...
- Jake'e eye should be all better w/in 72 hours!!!! Seriously. But atleast it is not infected, and will heal.
- Visit Dave (all went well), the discharge nurse explains the important details to me while I try to keep all the kids rained in, and from peeking into other peoples rooms. (I should have taken Jan up on her offer).
- Get the hungry kids to the car and pick up Dave at the front door.
- Pick-up dinner. Dave's Dad meets us in Woodbury and brings Dave home so he can have some peace and quiet. The kids were a little bit on the roudy side. Dave needs quiet so he can rest.
- Go to LTF to get my hair done, and let the kids play for awhile.
- Came home, and got all the munchkins to bed and helped my poor Davey!!
I am beat. Going to bed!
Friday, December 19, 2008
He did fairly well, except for two things. First...He was pulling at his sweater vest, pulling it up, down and twisting it around. Nice...and he told me he really didn't want to wear it. Maybe I should have listened. Second, during the last song he placed both hands covering his ears, with his elbows straight out. And then the kid standing behind him started pulling on Jacob's arms, to get them down. Imagine a little tug a war with Jake's arms, luckily it was only for the last song :)
The program was so cute! I couldn't believe all the songs all the kindergarteners knew :)
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
He told me voted at school. (They've been learning about the candidates and election process)
We've haven't told him anything about the election or candidates, and the news is never on when the kids are up....their shows are :)
I asked him who he voted for. This was his response, "McCain, he is the only one who tells the truth..." I thought that was pretty interesting for a 5 year old. Then he proceeded to ask me if he could come along when I voted, because he knows a lot about voting. He also told me how many kids Obama and McCain both have, and other basic facts. I was pretty impressed, and think his school is doing a great job to teach kids so young about these things.
I just went and voted, and of course brought Jake and the girls along. I did tell him who I voted for, I hope it makes a difference.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Today I gave Regan her first Oreo cookie, she was thrilled and enjoyed it :)
Little Sydney is sick. I think it is food poisoning. She woke up from her nap yesterday and lost her cookies. She was completely fine yesterday all morning, so we'll see. Sydney doesn't have a fever. I hope it passes quickly, it has now been 24 hours. Although she hasn't thrown up for a long time, she is moving quite slowly.
I am sad to be leaving her soon for the weekend. But looking forward to the warmer weather. The forecast is high 70's all weekend. I hope things go smoothly for Dave this weekend.
My friend Cari has another surgery tomorrow morning. They will be installing a chemo drip in her head. My heartaches for her and her family. They've been through so much! But she is strong and is going to beat this terrible cancer. Please pray for her and keep her in your thoughts on Friday and this weekend.
Monday, October 27, 2008
- MaMa (and says this all day long :) )
- Cheese (when she is having her picture taken, see above)
- Nu (for her pacifier)
- I've heard her say "Jake" clear as day, but only twice.
Monday, October 20, 2008
All the cousins had fun playing. Andrew got this cute little chimp "fur real" animal toy that Jake and Sydney loved. Definitely a Christmas idea! It was fun to see all my sisters, and my Dad happened to be in town for the party as well. He is headed to FL now for the winter. It was a fun afternoon!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Thank you to my friend Shawn, who bravly offered to watch all three kids. She posted some cute pictures from the weekend on her blog. She was so happy to have them, so I wasn't concerned about them while we were gone. I knew they would be well cared for, and having fun. I did hope Shawn and Kurt were handling 5 okay, and that their energy reserves didn't need to be tapped. It sounds like things went well.
Sydney wanted to stay at the Johnson's when we arrived to pick up the kids :)
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Over the weekend she has definitely been testing out her new skill. She is managing to take about 10-12 steps at a time.
She is SOOO pleased with herself! Regan is kind of showing off :)
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
I will be sure to run backups to my external hard drive regularly now...if there is a "next" time I don't want to get burned....
Oh, when the repair guy was here, I asked him about surge protectors. (Clearly ours did nothing) He said that no surge protector can for sure protect your PC. They can just help. He recommended the "Monster" brand, they are the best, but that any surge protector can fail. So really, an external backup is the only thing to keep precious pictures and such safe.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Hopefully my hard drive didn't get zapped. I haven't been good at backing it up lately. Right now it is not looking good for my computer. I'm on a wireless laptop right now. I can't get my high speed line to work, so hopefully my cable line didn't get zapped too. So far the motherboard is fried, probably the CPU, and we'll see what else when the Dell man returns....
Regan is standing all by herself!! We were playing in my closet this morning while I was putting some clothes away and she kept staying up! And she is VERY pleased with herself. Yah, Regan!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Please pray for Cari's complete healing, and for her comfort. She is having extreme headaches. Pray for her family, pray that she can get the rest she needs.
You can read more about her on blog Undomestic.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
For any Stillwater people that might be wondering why the Woodbury jersey...it is only Termites. We fully expect that long term Jake will be skating in his hometown :)
Monday, September 15, 2008
Hopefully, her sleep schedule adjusts soon...night terrors are very freaky!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
He couldn't wait until the bus arrived! He was so excited. We all escorted him to the bus stop.
Off he went! He arrived safely, of course. I think some of my heart went with him on the bus yesterday morning. A sad moment for me, but so thrilling for him.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Happy Birthday Jayden and Kylie!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
I wasn't sure how getting all three kids feed, dressed and out of the house by 8:15am would go. Once we get added to the bus route, he'll ride the bus.
All the kids were ready, so it was time to take the "picture". In the busyiness of getting everything ready the night/day before, I failed to recognize that the battery was dead in not just one, but in both cameras we own. I figured this out after I had all the kids in place on the front step. My phone! Duh, so I got one of Jake, and then tried to take one of all 3 kids together. It would have turned out so cute, too bad it is only in "video"...I wish I had spent more time learning how to use the camera/video feature on my phone!
After we dropped Jacob off, Sydney asked where Jake was going to eat lunch. I reminded her he'd be eating lunch with his class at school. She got really sad, and said, "But Mom, I'll miss him today." I thought that was so sweet and real!
When we picked up Jacob from school, he didn't even say hi to me. I think he was SOOO tired from the day he was just out of it. His teacher said he had a good day. Apparently the only thing worth mentioning to me was that he just got a little impatient when he wasn't called on right away. The teacher said that is pretty tyipcal when kids learn how a classroom runs. I think it is good that he was raising his hand, and wanting to contribute answers! He really likes his teacher and said he made a new friend. He loves school!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
We tried to get a picture of all the kids, well, that didn't work very well. There are quite a few missing from this one :)
The Beach was a big hit!
Jake learned to kayak, and was confidently cruising around after Drew gave him a quick lesson!
Campfire and Smores...
A quick movie will we got dinner ready for the masses....
Thanks to the expert meal planner Jess, the kids all stayed full and happy!