Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Omega 3's

I had dinner with some of my girlfriends from college and we got on the topic of the importance of Omega 3 fatty acids. I just threw some info together to email them, so I thought I'd also add it to my blog.

Here is some information about Omega3’s that we were talking about. You definitely want to buy good quality.

Good brands for Kids: Nordic Naturals ($25) and Carlson (I linked their sites)
We give the kids Nordic Naturals and Omegaplex (depends on what they feel like taking)
Dave and I take the Advocare brand called Omegaplex. It costs $12.95 (bottle of 90) I’ll attach their flyer so you can better read why Omega3s are so important. I can’t do the topic justice. (to view this flyer from my blog click on Omegaplex above, then Product Facts and Ingredients)

Some of the benefits for adults:
-Reduces inflammation, depression
-Reduce risk of cancer, arthritis, cardiovascular disease
-Excellent for brain development for prenatal and kids under age 4.
-When taken during pregnancy, it reduces risk of allergies, asthma and eczema

Some foods that have them:
-Green leafy vegetables
-Nuts & Seeds like almonds, walnuts, pine nuts and flax seed
-Flax seed oil, canola and soybean oil
-Cold water fish: mackerel, herring, halibut, and salmon

No comments: