Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Mother's Day has always felt like an awkward day for me...I've never know what I should be doing since my mom isn't around to thank and pamper. It always reminds me of what I've lost and no longer have, when I was younger, painfully so. As I've grown up, I accept the holiday for what it is..a day to honor moms for all they do. My mom did a lot! She raised four little girls, loved us, and nurtured us as long as she could. Even now I kind of fumble around. This morning I took the kids to pick out some flowers for their Nana. We'll get together this afternoon after things have slowed a bit at the restaurant.


This morning Jake made me "mothers day" breakfast. (he has been talking about this all week) I have no idea where he came up with the idea, maybe they've been talking about things the kids could do for their moms at preschool. He was saying things like pancakes, and waffles...and honestly, I was a little nervous when I heard him talking about making me pancakes. That would have be one giant kitchen mess. He ended up making me a bowl of something, the ingredients included raisins, animal crackers, almonds, and one piece of cheese! I thanked him :)

For me now, Mothers day is still a day to honor my mom, and my MIL, but also it is a day when I am so thankful for being blessed with 3 healthy and happy kids. (This is a picture from last year on Mother's Day...before Regan joined us) It doesn't get much better than that!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy Mother's Day Shannon! You're a great mom.