Saturday, March 8, 2008

Baby Food Success

I've been wanting to try to make some baby food. Someone I know really inspired me, and encouraged me saying it was so easy. When Jacob was born I thought making food out of fresh and natural food had to be more healthy than jarred food that had been sitting on the shelf longer than he'd been in this world. (jarred foods are definitely necessary and convenient, don't me wrong) But I could never seem to make the time, or expel the energy to try to make baby food. When Sydney came along, well...same excuses. But no more.

I successfully made homemade baby food for Regan with the assistance of her 4yr. brother!!
No, really, we did make our first batch of sweet potatoes. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I am kind of embarrassed that it took me so long to try...three kids later. And it probably took me all of 5 minutes! Whatever. I did it, and will make a lot more fresh. Way better and much cheaper I'm sure....

The friend that inspired me told me about a great book on the topic of baby food, that I highly recommend. Called Naturally Delicious Meals for Baby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for you! I did that with my little monkeys, too. It was so much easier than you think it is going to be...

Anonymous said...

It is easy... I also will grind up whatever we are eating in either a food grinder or my mini chopper and mix with breastmilk or formula - that works, too! You can get grinders that you can travel with, too - for eating out, if you dare to do that!