Thursday, April 23, 2009

Veggie Burgers....

Tonights Dinner: Veggie burger (no bun) cut in triangles, sweet potato fries, kiwi & bananas.

Nobody was touching the Veggie burger...big surprise. About a year ago they all loved veggie burgers, I couldn't make enough of them. Lately, not so much. It has been a while since I've made them because obviously nobody would eat them. So, this is what I said....

Me: You guys know those aren't "beef" burgers, right?
Jake: They aren't??.....oh cool.
Sydney: Really? Are they veggie burgers?
Me: Yup, there is lots of yummy stuff in them.
Jake: Like onions, tomatos...
Sydney: Yummy.
They all proceeded to eat them. Jake's were gone in less than 60 seconds, I think.
Sydney: Thanks for buying these, Mom!!

Whatever....atleast they ate them. I just don't understand how kids decide to eat or not eat something at any given moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! And watch tomorrow it'll only be beef burgers that they'll eat!

HJ Mama said...

that comment was from me...Pam :)

Undomestic said...

Kids are funny with food. Cameron is SO picky...mostly with texture. Max and Ella will eat anything!