Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Wow, we lucked out with a fantastic weekend! The weather was great, and lots of fun. Dave & I missed the fireworks this year. I am sure if any of our babysitters had been in town, they would rather have been watching the fireworks themselves. Too many little ones to bring them all out to the fireworks...in a few years :)

We went to the Annual Afton Parade. The kids just love it, they made a candy haul this year. If you live near by, check it out next year. It is a small town parade, with lots of spirit. The parade draws a few thousand people each year. The parade starts at noon, and they close the street at 11:30am. The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Everyone is excited, festive, relaxing with family & friends, and it is warm and sunny.

We finally got out on the boat on Sunday. That is our first time of the summer...kind of sad!! Jake went swimming off the back of the boat. I could tell he felt more comfortable in the water, so his swim lessons this spring definitely helped.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

It was great seeing you in Afton...when I wasn't losing my own kids!!!!