Monday, April 28, 2008

A Tragic Story

I recently reconnected with a childhood friend via Facebook. (LOVE this, although it can get a little addicting, check it out www.facebook.com) And she mentioned that she was missing a close friend, and included a web address. So, I checked out the site. Wow, and it didn't take long for the tears to flow. It turns out her close friend Liz had passed away. It is tragic story, and very touching. I can't stop thinking about this family and the sadness that is surrounding them. If you want to read about it, go to www.mattlogelin.com. One forgets how things can go wrong...

It is an incredible reminder just how precious life is.

Being that I've been through the process of delivering three babies into this world it really hit home for me. When Sydney was born we had a scare post-partum in the hospital. She was born at 4am, all went fine. (Just two pushes) We laid down to rest, because we had been up all night in labor. I woke up at 6:30am, my bed was soaked in red...I mean soaked! I pushed the button for the nurse. I remember them saying my blood pressure was 80/40, I couldn't hear and was extremely light-headed. When I heard them say my blood pressure, I knew something wasn't right. I remember the nurses panicing, and trying to get an ice bath ready ASAP. Apparently, I had lost a tremedous amount of blood. They later determined it happened because my full bladder was pressing upon my uterus, causing the bleeding. The huge ordeal was VERY scary. It reminds me how blessed I am to be here today enjoying my family.

No comments: